Preheat oven to 200-220 C
Requires: oven dish, spatula or large serving spoon, sense of adventure
— Ingredients —
- [ ]2 x cod fillet, or haddock, hake or other sturdy white fish
- [ ]Half / small head of cauliflower
- [ ]Sun-dried or fresh tomatoes
- [ ]Olives – any!
- [ ]Pesto or other tasty green herby sauce
- [ ]Asparagus, padron peppers or other (fancy?) greens
- [ ]Optional – potatoes – mashed, baked, steamed, etc.
— Method —
- Lay fish fillets in an oven dish that’s too big for them, widthways – or put in a load of fish bits.
- Split cauli into small florets (halve them if large) and scatter round and between fish.
- Scatter sundried tomatoes or fresh cherry or baby plum tomatoes and olives (chopped if large) around the dish.
- Put blobs of pesto around the dish using a teaspoon to make the blobs.
- Drizzle rapeseed or olive oil over the dish – not too much as the pesto will add oil to the dish.
- Prep the potatoes (if using) and cook as necessary – if doing baked potatoes, nuke for 10 mins while fish is cooking then add to oven for final 10 mins of fish cooking.
- Bake the fish dish for 20-ish mins in the oven at 200-220 C.
- Cook the greens towards the end of this time.
- Use a spatula or large serving spoon to serve in halves and drizzle liquid over the top.
- Place greens on top, artfully, and potatoes – if using – on the side.